The annual Fairfield County Professional Educator Recruitment Fair presented by Cooperative Educational Services is April 21 for secondary, special education and special subject certification educators. A number of schools and districts will be on hand to meet candidates starting at 8 a.m. Interviews, by invitation, will begin after noon. Pre-registration is not required, but highly recommended. ... Click here to register.
Our Special Education Division offers a variety of specialized services for students with significant disabilities. These programs provide both school-based centers for students 3-21 years of age with developmental and emotional disabilities and a birth – 3 years early intervention program. The Division is also responsive to district needs for program development.
Our Special Education Programs include:
- Developmental Learning Center (DLC)
- DLC is an intensive special education program for students 12-21 years of age with significant developmental disabilities such as autism, neurological impairments, pervasive developmental disorders and intellectual disorders with and without challenging behaviors.
- Preschool-Primary Learning Center (PLC)
- PLC offers a special education program alternative for students 3-12 years of age who fall within the Autism Spectrum Disorder continuum.
- Reaching Independence through Supported Education (RISE) Transition Program
- RISE is a regional special education program for students with limited cognitive functioning, aged 18-21 years, located on the Sacred Heart University campus.
- Therapeutic Day Program (TDP)
- TDP is a regional special education programs for student in grade K-12 who present with a variety of significant behavioral and emotional disabilities.
Announcements of school cancellations
Announcements will be made using our Connect 5 alert system as well as the following media outlets.