The Administrator Aspirant program is part of the C.E.S. Leadership Institute and is one of its major initiatives to cultivate and build leadership capacity for our schools.
The Administrator Aspirant Program is an excellent opportunity for any teacher with leadership potential. The intent is to expose interested teachers to the variety of administrator roles and leadership skills of administrators, provide opportunities for participants to meet and dialog with outstanding administrator role models and learn “first-hand” by attending seminars and shadowing administrator practitioners in our region.
The seminars are interactive and address school leadership and career options, with reflective follow-up assignments. Each participant will be assigned an administrator mentor(s) with the opportunity to shadow and receive individualized support.
What Do Participants Say?
Who Should Apply?
- Teachers who are invited by their administrators.
- Teachers who are drawn to leadership and may be contemplating a career path in school administration but haven’t yet enrolled in a university program.
- Teachers who are currently enrolled in a university administration program and want additional opportunities to meet and hear from outstanding practitioners from our region.
- Teachers who may currently hold an administrative certificate but are uncertain about pursuing administration.
- Click here for the 2018 - 2019 application
What Can You Expect?
- Seminars and panels with experienced leaders on the variety of administrator roles.
- Practical information and skills necessary to prepare for school administration and career change.
- Opportunity to shadow and work with administrator mentor(s).
- The overall seminar program will be facilitated by Linda Hartzer.
What is the Time Commitment?
- Four days of seminars (August 20 & 24, November 29, 2018, and April 2, 2019).
- One additional day during the school year to shadow an administrator (date to be determined by mentor and aspirant).
What is the cost?
$385 per person for member district participants of The Leadership Institute at Cooperative Educational Services and $425 for non-member district participants. Districts may sponsor all or part of participants’ costs - payment must accompany application. All materials may be duplicated.