Resources for Homework & Research
Log in using your own username and password
- Stop bullying now
- Time for Kids
- First Gov for Kids
- Urban Legends Reference Pages
- Truth or Fiction?
- Fact Check
- U.S. Census Bureau Fact Finder
- Kid Info
- National Geographic
- PBS Don't Buy This
- Snowflake Bentley
- FBI Kidspage
- United States Department of Agriculture Food Plate
- National Park Service Webrangers
Autumn is a season.
Autumn is another word for fall.
The weather gets colder.
People need warmer clothes.
During Autumn leaves change color and fall off of trees.
leaves change colors
leaves fallen off trees
trees without leaves
Pine cones fall off of trees.
Pine cones on a tree
Pine cones on the ground.
Birds fly south to warmer places.
Squirrels collect acorns to eat during the winter.
Pumpkins are harvested.
Children go on nature walks.
- Connecticut first-grade math standards
- Counting to 5 activity
- Connect the dots to 10
- Count us in game 1
- Count us in game 2
- Count us in game 3
- Count us in game 4
- Count us in game 5
- Fishy count
- Marble math
- Counting fish
- Connect the dots to 50
- Fishing addition
- Addition machine
- Buy it with the little farmer
- Cash puzzle
Spring is a season.
It comes after winter.
The weather becomes warmer. People wear light spring jackets.
Flowers and Trees bloom in Spring.
Photos © Ian Britton - FreeFoto.com
Grass grows anew in Spring.
photo courtesy of Prairie Fire Enterprises, LLC
Do you trust everything you read on the internet?
- Which sites did you visit?
- Were they trustworthy?
- How could you tell if they were trustworthy?
- What things should you look for on web pages?
- What other ways can you tell if a website is trustworthy?
Use the following list of websites for your report:
- How do you know which site is the official Mankato, Minn., home page?
- Which one is the real website of the World Trade Organization?
- How many people live in Ruritania?
- A brief history of Ruritania http://homepages.udayton.edu/~ahern/rurhist.htm
- Search for updated numbers from the CIA World Factbook https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world...
- Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruritania
|1. __||Report||I visited all the sites and determined which ones were untrustworthy.|
|2. __||Group work||We worked as a team and helped each other determine the “Trust Tests”.|
|3. __||“Trust Tests”||I helped create a fairly comprehensive list of tests that I will use in the future.|
|4. __||Group Discussion||I shared my ideas with the rest of the class and added to my list of “Trust Tests”.|
|5. __||Future Assignments||In future assignments, I will use the “Trust Tests” to determine reliable internet sources.|