SEED: System for Educator Evaluation and Development
C.E.S. Professional Development Services is offering comprehensive multi-day training sessions on administrator and teacher evaluation components in the System for Educator Evaluation and Development (SEED) model.
The primary goal of SEED is to strengthen individual and collective practices to increase student learning and development.
Some guidelines from the system:
• District evaluation and support plans/revisions must be approved by the state annually.
• Teacher Evaluations must be on a Four Level Matrix Rating System
• The district must provide evaluation-based professional learning to address needs identified through the evaluation process
• Districts must create and adhere to individual teacher improvement and remediation plans for teachers who are rated 'below standard'
• Districts must provide opportunities for career growth and professional development based on performance ratings
• An annual orientation program is available to teachers and provided by C.E.S.
• Districts must define effectiveness and ineffectiveness using a summative rating derived from the new system