In Connecticut, all newly hired employees of school districts must be fingerprinted for a criminal history check. No candidate for fingerprinting can be fingerprinted without a signed referral form from a Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) approved BOE, Charter, or Private School.
Fingerprint applicants must bring:
- A valid government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver's license, passport, etc.).
- CHRI Requisition Form and VECHS/NCPA Waiver provided to you and filled out by the requesting CHRI approved BOE, Charter, or Private School.
- A Verification of Employment/Placement letter on district letterhead including position and start date.
- A certified bank check or money order made payable to C.E.S. (No personal checks or cash).
$55 if you meet the following:
- Hired/Employed by a Board of Education
- Non-paid, non-certified position in an education certification program and will be performing a service involving direct student contact within 30 days
- Substitute teacher
- School nurse or nurse practitioner
$105 if you meet the following:
$130 Effective December 1st, 2017 based on an increase by the State Police Department
- Volunteer who will have direct student contact within 30 days
- An unpaid or paid intern
- Hired by a private, diocese, or charter school
- Contractor hired by a Board of Education
Fingerprinting is done at C.E.S., located at 40 Lindeman Drive in Trumbull, CT, Second Floor. To schedule a fingerprinting appointment, please fill out the form below. Appointments are available on Wednesdays from 8:30 – 11:45 a.m. and 12:45 – 3:45 p.m and can take up to 20 minutes. For customer support, call 203-365-8936 or email email@example.com. The next available date will be in bold black numbers.
In the case of inclement weather, please call 203-365-8848. You will receive an automated message regarding rescheduling your fingerprinting appointment.