I have been teaching third grade at Six to Six Interdistrict Magnet School for 6 years and I absolutely love it. I received my bachelor’s degree from Southern Connecticut State University in public health and my master’s degree from the University of Bridgeport in elementary education. I am currently working on my sixth year from Sacred Heart University in advanced teaching with a concentration in mathematics.
I live in Oxford with my husband, Thomas, and two year old daughter, Katie. I love to spend time with family and to travel.
I have been teaching at Six to Six since 1995. My educational background includes a Bachelor's Degree from Eastern Ct State University, a Master's degree from University of Bridgeport, and a sixth year degree in advanced teaching with a focus in mathematics from Sacred Heart University. My special interests include exercises for perceptual development.
- Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark Assessments
- Expeditionary Learning
- Module 1
- Seeking the Power of Reading
- Building the Power of Reading
- Librarians Around the World
- Module 2A
- Building Background Knowledge: Learning to Become an Expert about Frogs
- Case Study: Researching Freaky Frogs
- Culminating Project: Freaky Frog Trading Cards
- Creating Writer’s Notebook
- Personal Narrative
- Informational Writing
- Adding and Subtracting within 100
- Introduction to Multiplication
- Problem Solving Strategies
- Data Representation and Interpretation
- What is Science?
- Animal Adaptations
- Soggy Paper Embedded Task
- U.S. Constitution
- Short Beach
- Maritime Aquarium
- In-house Squid Dissection