45 min. Reading +
Start Date: Friday - February 03, 2012
Read for 45 minutes.
Create meaningful stickies and add two of the best to the weekly form. This means that it is expected that the book contains at least an equal number left behind in the book. the remaining stickies are turned in on monthly book reports. Each sticky note response should have:
- a date
- page number
- and comment type initial or symbol
- two sentences with: proper capitalization and punctuation.
Have your reading log signed.
One of the many ways we can grow as an active reader is by actually reading as often as we can. You are expected to spend a total of 45 minutes reading on a daily basis.
Reading is not just decoding. Reading and thinking are inseparable. That's why it is impartant to practice noticing your thinking. Sticky notes are a great way to do this.
Students are allowed three ways to earn extra credit.
- Making a third sticky for each day.
- Choosing music for segments of there reading and recording it on the back of the reading log.
- Doing more than than the minimum One-Pagers (Book Report) required for the month . The first extra One-Pager earns the student 5 extra points above the earned score. The second earns 10 extra points. Every one afer this earns a standard 5 extra points.